Saturday, November 18, 2006

A Purpose in 40 Days?

I found a book that friends had given to me last year, A Purpose Driven Life, written by Rick Warren. I have never put forth the effort to actually read and utilize this book in the past, but as of today and with God's help, I will commit the next 40 days of my life to discovering God's purpose for my life. Each day I will share this journey here.

Today's the start and the first sentence is probably the most important one in life, "It's not about you." Yes, we are here for Him and it isn't all about Scott. This is a thought that I will ponder on today. It has always been, "What will I get out of this?" Changing my ways to put God's way first is a whole different outlook and I'm sure it will take some time, but hey doing it my way sure didn't work.

I hope to be adding some cartoons here from an artist Jeff Larson and The Back Pew. Jeff does some great work so check the site out.

My song of the day is from Steele Croswhite and The Rock Church Band. They are from here in Salt Lake City and you can hear them at The Rock Church on some nights. The song Completely is very fitting for me today. If you visit The Rock Church or buy a CD, let them know that homeless Scott sent ya.

No comments: