Tuesday, November 21, 2006

What Drives Your Life?

The 3 day in The Purpose Driven Life is asking me what my life is currently driven by. When I stop and view where I'm at and how I got here, I think "Man, you've been wandering around just trying to please and impress everyone around you". My life has always been about gaining approval from everyone, even those who I didn't know. As it says in Matthew 6:24 - "No one can serve two masters".

Who am I fooling when I thought I could please everyone? It is God that I need to please because He is the one that will be judging me. This chapter was asking me what I've known for sometime now, but never knew or had the strength to change it.

I'm looking forward to getting on with the book but I'll do as it asks and take it one day and chapter at a time. Hey, kinda like AA. I've already started to narrow down the things in my life that are actually pushing me to the insane edge and have started to focus on this new journey with God.

I've been working on learning website publishing and have taken it to include a site with christian rock videos called what else "God Rock Videos". Yea, I like rock and it's a great way for me to focus and get through my day. Hope you get a chance to visit it.

Tomorrow I think there is a dinner at the Utah Jazz's basketball venue the formally known as the Delta Center, which has changed to the EnergySolutions Arena that I'll try to visit. Throughout the next couple of days the thanksgiving feasts for the needy are bountiful.

No comments: