Sunday, November 19, 2006

Sweep It Under The Rug

Well today I attended K2 The Church 12:30 service with the main intention to speak with Andy Marshall, the director of spiritual growth. Today's message "Sweep It Under The Rug" was the 3rd in the 4 part series "Wrecking Your Relationships In 4 Easy Steps". I had already listened to the first part yesterday, and I'll be listening to the 2nd part tonight, however I wasn't prepared for what Andy spoke about today. It really hit hard and tied right into what I had planned to talk to a him about.

TRUTH!!!

Yea, being truthful with each other, spouses, friends, or in my case, God and myself. At the end of the service I waited while Andy talked with a few members, and as I watched it gave me a chance to reflect on what I was about to do. Last night I had decided that it was time to set up a time to set down with a pastor (I had Andy in mind.) and start working on doing what God has intended me to do. Well after 2+ years of having said I was going to do it, I actually took the first step today and told Andy that I was ready to go to work, and that I needed to get truthful with God and myself. YES!!! I said it. I didn't back out while waiting to talk with Andy, and say to myself, "Oh well, I'll speak to him next week, or next time." Who knows there may never be a next time.

I have so many things that I have swept under the rug during my 47 years on this globe. So I hope Andy will have a few hours (days, months, years???) to set down and discuss what I need to do and how I can go about doing it. I also need to repent for the many things I've done in the past (This would be a huge load off of my back.). I'll be setting up an time to meet with Andy and only can pray that it will be soon.

Ah yea, I got a NIV bible today, so now I can put it to use with A Purpose Driven Life and just for reading when I once read autobiographies of successful business people. Hey why not be studying how to become a successful servant of God, right?

Okay, my music files are not loading (sorry) and I'll be looking for a new FREE file sharing site that has more than 30mb of storage. During this time try CNET for free christian music MP3 downloads.

I'm going to work on setting up a new website on a free server today. The site will be for DSL rate quotes and I hope to have it up by late tonight. So off I go.

No comments: