Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The God Bowl

Ah yes, its that time of the year when everyone is watching all of the bowl games on whatever channel they can get it on. They're all saying this team or that coach is the greatest in the country, but if you really stop to think there is only one great coach, and He has the greatest team in the world. Yep, most of you guessed it, GOD is the greatest coach and his team is all of those who believe and go out and carry His word to the rest of the world.

Some of His players drop or fumble but He doesn’t bench them or take them out of the game. He’s there to comfort them when times are tough or when they are hurt or ill. He jumps with joy when they do what is asked of them. He doesn’t favor one player He loves them all and He rewards his team with all of the greatest treasures one can ever want at the end of their careers.

Yea, I’m proud to be a member of this great team and work everyday to give the best that great coach, God, ask of me, and it’s cool to be on the winningest team there ever could be. There is only one bowl game for me and its the GOD Bowl, so lets go team and show the world who the best is this season.

God has really been there for me during the past week while I've been sick. I spent the last 3 days in the hospital with pneumonia. I came down sick late last week and just wasn't able to kick it. Its still tough breathing today but I've at least got rid of the high temps and extreme kidney pains. I’ll be back posting more on The Purpose Driven Life this weekend when I can actually think more clearly.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers.


Oh yea I can’t leave you without a song, actually a couple. The first is a video from Sonicflood and its my battle cry today "Cry HOLY", the second is a rap mp3 from former NFL Bronco,Steve Fitzhugh, performing the "Competitor's Creed" (could you imagine each and every player singing this before they go out to play, YIKES!) there is even a Competitor's Creed bible study and more can be found at The Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA).

No comments: