Saturday, January 20, 2007

Enduring The New Foundation

It's another cold day here (7 degrees F), but I've continued to stay warm with the sleeping bag and comfortable knowing that our Lord is in my heart.

I've been stating that I have felt like God has been testing me, but someone wrote to me yesterday stating that this may not be true, so last night while trying to view the stars through the polluted haze we have I reflected on what has been going on. Today that reflection took me to a couple of readings that has given me more hope that I'm actually strengthening my relationship with God.

My first thought was that I've been starting to build a foundation for a better life, but I have been leaving out important steps. Using a construction analogy, I started by putting in the rebar for reinforcement of the foundation by being faithful in prayer for others and myself, and by reading daily from the Bible or other spiritual related studies. After starting the foundation properly I neglected to set the foundation up properly by not following through with placing the forms for the concrete before allowing Him to pour the concrete. In other words skipping a vital part called serving and giving, or in construction content not placing the forms and allowing the concrete to flow out in all directions except for where it needed to be. I'm grateful that He has been patient with me during these vital stages of building my foundation and the book of Luke came into mind.

Luke 6:47-49 "47 I will show you what it's like when someone comes to me, listens to my teaching, and then follws it. 48 It is like a person building a house who digs deep and lays the foundation on solid rock. When the flood waters rise and break aganinst the house, it stands firm because it is well built. 49 But anyone who hears and doesn't obey is like a person who builds a house without a foundation. When the floods sweep down against that house, it will collapse into a heap of ruins." (NLT)

Essentially God is allowing me to go back and follow through with the proper steps in putting my foundation on great ground and to build the forms up so He may pour out the needed wisdom for His will in my life.

I also feel that this is an important time in developing character for my new life as is pointed out in Romans 4:1-5

"1 Therefore, since we have been made right in God's sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. 2 Because your faith, christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God's glory. 3 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. 4 And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. 5 And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love."

I do feel that He is working on my character and I can notice the changes even some that may be subtle. I really need to be patient and work on building a strong foundation and to start learning from His teachings in my new life experiences, so that I may better be able to serve Him.

I sure hope this makes sence, the thoughts and words seem to be somewhat jumbled, but I know that God is understanding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand!